Saturday, December 21, 2013

Do What You Love

I had purchased 4 canvases over four years ago because I had planned for my cousin to draw a cherry blossom for me to hang in my office. Due to both of our crazy schedules, it never happened. I recently decided that I should do something with them since I've been trying to clean up and decorate my office space. I went to Michael's Craft Store and bought all of the items that I needed to bring my vision to life. Below is an image of all that I used to create my canvas:




4 - 8x10" Canvas
2 - Assorted Size Round Mirrors
3 - Craft Smart Acrylic Paint (Lavender, Grey, and Graphite)
1 - Mambi Sticks Silver Glitter Letters

I did not spend over $20 on all of these items together (given that I already had the 4 canvases).

Lets begin!

Step 1: Prep all of your canvases and decide the designs that you would like to paint onto the canvas. I used Scotch shipping tape to create the two designs that I went with but I would recommend the tape for wall painting. Here is what I did with my 4 canvases:



Graphite Stripes

Lavender and Grey
Grey Diamond Shape

Step 2: After I let that dry, I removed the tape from the canvases with a design. I decided to draw a lavender heart on the stripped canvas to represent "love", given that the quote I was going for is "Do what you love".

I drew the heart using a number 2 from the glitter letters that I purchased because I wanted to make sure that it matched the size of the letters that I was going to use for the other canvases.


Step 3: The letters that I purchased had a sticky back, but because I wanted to make sure that they would last me a really long time, I decided to brush on some Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive.


I noticed that the letters stuck on better to the canvas with additional adhesive.


Step 4: After gluing all of the letters onto my canvases, I realized that I did not need to add the small mirrors that I had bought. Here is how I will display them on my wall:


I decided to display it this way because you can read it two ways, "Do what you love, love what you do."

Hope you all enjoyed my first DIY!

XO Cindy





No comments:

Post a Comment