Friday, January 10, 2014

2014's Calendar

My gorgeous readers,

I have been in a whirlwind of duties that have been occupying my attention. As I mentioned in my first post, I am really interested in pursuing a career in Wedding and Event Planning. With that said, I have been fortunate enough to have four events (that will take place between February 2014 - July 2015) that I will help plan. I was anxious to share this with you all because I really want you all to join me on this journey of planning all of these events.

My first event is a friend's baby shower. She is having a boy and, due to the fact that her nursery room will be elephant theme, her mother-in-law decided the theme of the shower should be just that! Here is an image of the concept/ideas that we are heading towards:
Modernbaby.com

The colors are yellow, gray and turquoise (to add a bit of blue since it is a boy!). 

The next event that I will help host is my sister-in-laws bridal shower! Her sister, as her maid of honor, decided that a tea party would be cute and fun, therefore, we decided to lean more towards the Mad Hatter Tea Party from Alice in Wonderland!!! I love the funkiness of this theme and crazy and mismatching everything is, yet it manages to flow! 

Since her sister is in Arizona, and the bridal shower will take place here in California, I offered to be her hands and feet here so that she does not have to travel with 20+ luggage filled with decorations. 

mad hatter tea party! love the chairs.

This is an image that will guide our decoration ideas (soooooo colorful!)

The last two of my events will take a bit longer to explain and elaborate on the themes since they are both weddings. As you all know, due to the tasting post, my sister will be getting married, but not until 2015. Her planning process has begun, but none of the fun stuff (yet) since she's just been looking into churches and venues. 

The second wedding that I have will be in October of this year. I am excited about this one because it will be outdoors, getting the view of the Golden Gate Bridge here in San Francisco, CA!!! Again, the contract with the venue is in it's final steps, and afterwards, we can begin to start looking into the creative/decorative details!

Hope you all enjoyed my post and I will keep you all updated with the status of these events! If you have any ideas, feel free to post them below.

XO Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment